LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

8548018084   16 October 2021

Freind cheated me out of money


                   My childhood friend cheated me out of money worth Rs one lakh and I have cheque and bond papers, validity of these papers over but he said do whatever you want I don't give your money back and he scolded heavily about me and my family. I don't know how the legal process will work, kindly inform me what I will do next. 


 3 Replies

minakshi bindhani   16 October 2021

As per your concerned query!

Firstly, lodge an FIR under section 154 of the code of Criminal procedure, 1973 and the procedure for filing an FIR is also mentioned under the said section. You can file the FIR at any police station. You do not necessarily have to be in that area particular area where the crime has been committed. But, try to visit the nearest police station has the FIR has to be filled immediately without any delay.

2) If police deny registering FIR and Still, if nobody takes action, speed post a copy of the registered complaint to the superintendent of police.

3) If police deny registering FIR, the court has the power to register an FIR under section 200 of Cr. PC.

Minakshi Bindhani

sonam ranjan   16 October 2021

You can file a case against him. The case will be registered as a fraud case. In case your friend is not ready to return your money back, then you can hire the  best lawyer in Bangalore.

Kevin Moses Paul   20 October 2021

As per your concern, you may register a FIR u/s 421 of IPC for commencement of Fraud by your friend against you.

Section 421 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), 1860 deals with 'Dishonest or fraudulent removal or concealment of property to prevent distribution among creditors'.
It states that — "Whoever dishonestly or fraudulently removes, conceals or delivers to any person, or transfer or causes to be transferred to any person, without adequate consideration, any property, intending thereby to pre­vent, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby prevent, the distribution of that property according to law among his creditors or the creditors of any other person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both".

The police will register the matter and it will be dealt accordingly. If in case the police does not registers the FIR you can approach with the matter directly to the Superintendent of Police & Magistrate u/s 200 CrPC by sending the complaint to both the officials via a registered post.

Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query