LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surinder Mohan (Pensioner)     17 December 2014

Forged certificate of qualifiction

My son got married in at the age of 25 years in Aryasamaj 6 years ago.The age of his wife was one month younger to my son born in 1983 as per high school cert. shown by her. One month ago my son got a passport of her which she kept hidden throughout 6 years shows her date of birth as 1977 ie 6 years older to my son.

We are shocked, she  still insist that she is 1983 born and that date of birth mentioned in the Passport issued in the year 2006 is wrong, on the basis of same she got visa and travelled to Malaysia in the year 2006 before her marriage. I have her High School certificate as well passport  in original.

She managed to got voter ID as well AAdhar card based on High school certificate. I am surprised to find that her pan card bears her birth year of 1981. She is adamant to not to reveal truth of this forgery and still says she is 83 born. She belongs to Patna and certificate also issued from there. Passport issued from Delhi in 2006. The couple has 3 year old Son.My son want to go to Australia for Job he need to disclose family details in his passport but aadhar card, Pan card, high school certificate and existing Passport of her wife tells different story.

Please suggest how to get rid and have divorce, is there any ground for. My daughter in law is a liar, never speaks truth and is over clever. Her parents were not involved in the marriage but were aware of, and supports her fraudulent activity behind curtain.


 2 Replies

R S Rashmi (Advocate)     18 December 2014

Mr Mohan,

I would like to suggest you fix the issue within your family with negotiation. As your SON & DAUGHTER-IN-LAW are a part of your family - you should be the roof of your family to protect them.

As all documents of your D-in-L have different DOB - her own PASSPORT should be enough to enclose for issuance of your SON's PASSPORT. (She can update her PAN card DOB with Passport & High School Certificate).

Kindly note that - VOTER ID CARD is not valid for DOB verification and it is written on the VOTER ID CARD's backside. Also, AADHAR CARD is a Govt Project that comes after High School Certificate(1st preference for DOB verification). Even any legal procedure will also take count on her HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE DOB.

DOB in PAN CARD or PASSPORT can be updated with HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE - so an original copy of High School Certificate(whichever certified by School Authority at earliest) is the KEY document for DOB verification.

Kindly think hundred time before you think about DIVORCE.


DIVORCE is not the solution - it's the ENDPOINT. The DIVORCE won't make your SON happy - but it will create some extra load on your SON - by legal procedure. 


Relations are easy to break - but tough to build or rebuild.


Being an advocate - we always suggest to take time to think over again before trying for DIVORCE. Even court also gives months to think before initiating a DIVORCE CASE.


Adv D P Jindal (Advocate)     18 December 2014

Dear Mohan,

A very good suggestion by R S Rashmi


Adv D P Jindal


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register