LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Janak (Retired)     08 March 2018

Flat sale

Selling my flat. Buyer availing bank loan. Buyer paid 10% on Agreement Date balance 90% the buyer says would be paid by cheque by lending bank to be handed over on date of registration of Sale Deed. How can I proceed with Sale Deed registration without receiving the full payment in my account? Pls advise.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Same is true for seller………..to consult more so in situation narrated by you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 March 2018

Usually in property deals in which buyer is buying with loan to the tune of say 80 or 90% of sale consideration such things come up….

Token money, advance (%) etc are your personal T&C that you may settle with buyer…

Has the lender agreed in principle to lend on issue of credibility of borrower i.e your buyer?

Your own LOCAL counsel as suggested above can draft the suitable deed involving seller, buyer, lender to protect your long term interest ……………..

If you are not comfortable with buyer that is buying with loan, decline to accept the offer and find another buyer..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register