25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramakrishnaraju (Asst.)     28 July 2010

Flat owners/tenants association

In a Flat of 12,  they formed an association (not Registered) and made me as President.  All on  a sudden, now the Secretary,  because of his vested interested(owner) , all on a sudden stated that he dissolved the association, without any quorum or agenda and now he formed an association with 7 people who are all owners and he says that tenants cannot be in the association.  Now, his master plan is to cut the water supply, power supply to the remaining 4 and one is vacant.    My request with him has gone in deaf ears and he is threatening like a DON  and he openly says that he will make life miserable and he will make us run from the flat.  What are all the legal steps available to me?  Though I don't want to fight with anybody,  but it cannot be construed as weakness.  Whether the new association has got any loca standi?  and what is the legal rights (if they Register the Association).   Your valuable advice on this forum is solicited.


 4 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     28 July 2010

no body can deprieve any flat owner or tenants till the vailidity of rent agreement. of any basic necessity.

you can claim for same in the court of law. suggest to meet with local advocate

Mugundhan (Lawyer)     28 July 2010

You can file suit against that person for permanent injunction not  to disturb your peaceful possession.

vimal charles (junior)     28 July 2010

prohibitory injunction to restrain them from f\doing anythin detrimental to your interest along with a petition to appoint a commission to conduct the election of the association (after u get the association registered under the local law and drafting your bye-laws...

SANKARAN.G. (supdt.)     28 July 2010

My brother's case is almost same as Mr.Raju is suggesting.  Therefore   it will be of very great help to me of the viewers opinion. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query