Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

generalpublic (abc)     29 November 2014

Filing a case - consumer court- airlines

sir,
i had recently travelled on a international trip and the seat monitor was not fully working throughout my long trip in the flight.i am considering filing this as a case in the consumer court.when complained with the flight attendant, they even went to the casualness of saying that.it had been that way for a while and many passengers had already complained in the past..and nothing had been done so far to fix it..
will my case stand in the court..in case if the airline claims that it was working  just as a false allegation.how can i justify it.. or will the court verify this on its own way..

Learning

2 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     29 November 2014

See :

https://ibnlive.in.com/news/air-india-to-pay-rs-30000-to-retd-vice-admiral-for-casual-attitude/380922-3.html

where redressal was ordered by consumer forum in a similar case. You should have got a formal complaint acknowledged there itself. As of now you could send them an e-mail stating the events and asking for an apology and appropriate compensation and see their response.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 December 2014

As rightly opined, you exhaust the remedy for our grievance from the service provider first by issuing them a legal notice seeking compensations for the deficient service, notice failing to invoke any response, you may plan to sue the service provider through a consumer forum for redressing grievance and compensation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register