Upgrad LLM

family pension

Hi all. I am Debdutta, aged 35 yrs. and am resident of Cuttack, Odisha and working at Kolkata. My family include my parents and a sister. My mother expired 2 years ago and was a central government employee. My father who is retired(State government) and draws pension has converted my mother's pension to a family pension. Right now, the pension is used to pay the EMI's of an education loan which was taken by my sister. The loan would be over in the next 2 years time.

My mother, me and my sister never shared a good relation with my father who lived with his brother and his mother right from the very beginning. He never shared any responsibility and hence, I would not like him to pocket the family pension money all by himself. The pension papers suggest that my mother divided the pension money(in event of her death) into 3 equal halves between me, my sister and my father.

Since, me and my sister are equal or over 30 years of age, I understand that we cannot legally claim rights to the family pension money. Is there any way, I can prevent him from pocketing the entire family pension money. Can I claim any rights to the money or at least delay the payment of money to my father once the education loan EMI's are over. I know it may sound strange but I want' to make it really difficult for him to take my mother's money.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x