LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhomoy Das (Retail Manager)     02 July 2018

False cases

Hello , I got divorced order in February 2018. On ground of Desertion. I got Ex Parte Divorced order as my ex wife didn't appear at all at the Court to contest the case. The appeal period 90 days got over in May 2018. My wife is aware of the Divorce order. Now few days back all of sudden my wife send me a SMS threating to lodge false 498a case & also domestic violence case against me. But she didn't mention anything regarding Divorce order. My question is whether wife can file false 498a case & DV case against me after 4 months of Divorced order being passed by the Family Court. If she files false cases against me does it hold any merit at the Court of Law. Please advice


 2 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     02 July 2018

She can file 498A and domestic violence case against you.

You need to fight your case on merit.

HARSHIT JAIN   03 July 2018

if she file these cases .. dont waste your time in lower court.. go to high court for quashment

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register