Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. S. Phore (Practicing Advocate)     13 February 2008

Eviction of Tanent

FRIENDS

My friend has purchased a plot in delhi one year ago as a builder on it they have to make ground + 3 from which one floor will remain to the original owner / SELLER

One tanent is in it she is a widow.

She has two sons adult and one daughter .

She is saying to vacate the plot from the first day of deal but still she is not vacated this plot.

So I want to know on which basis they can let her remove from the plot…

PLEASE TELL ME.

And can anybody provide me an attachment of  “DELHI RENT CONTROL ACT.”

THANKS…

Learning

4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     14 February 2008

A tenant can be evicted only by due process of law. You need to file a petition seeking her eviction under the relevant rent control laws. It is better you negotiate with her and come out with some settlement proposal in case you need the premises urgently.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     14 February 2008

I concur mr Prakash.

M. S. Phore (Practicing Advocate)     15 February 2008

can an agreement on stamp paper is acptable in the court signed by any one notrised or not notrised

Guest (n/a)     01 March 2008

This question is specific to those who are familiar with the intricacies of owning property in Salt Lake in Kolkata, India (99 year lease-hold from the govt of India that cannot be rented, leased, or sold). My father had been allotted the land waay back in the 1960s and he had constructed a house on it. However, the family never moved in while he was alive because we stayed elsewhere. He died last year intestate and the house devolved on his natural heirs (children and widow). Following his death, we had locked the doors but when we returned after a few weeks, we found a complete stranger residing in the house claiming that he rented it from another person who again is unknown to the family. And no, we have verified, NO member of the family was involved in this underhand transaction. My lawyer advises a civil title suit but I feel this should be a criminal case. WTF literally! Some stranger can walk in, take over my house, and he/she is not a criminal? Any suggestion

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register