LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhy (as)     10 July 2015

Education loan

I have a Education loan, can u plz guide whether 

*it is better to solve it when the  bank files a civil suit and court orders mutually or its better to go for One   time settlement of loan 

* can bank offer me 3-4 installments for settlement?

* can it offer me 1 year time frame for settlement?


 5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     11 July 2015

Having taken loan from a bank it is your bounden duty to repay the term under which you had taken loan. 


Go go to the bank and explain your position and seek their help/guidance to resolve the matter at the earliest.


if all educational loan borrowers seek concessions, it's only a matter of time Banks decide to stop giving loans for educational purpose.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 July 2015

One time payment/settlement in consultation with the Bank is the only and best solution.

Avoid the loan advanced to you to become NPA of the Banker.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 July 2015

First meet the Banker, give in writing your proposal and take initiative to settle the same. If Bank rejects your officer (Generally, they will oblige) If you are employed now, take another loan on any security or personal loan and clear the oustanding, as if you are branded as a NPA, in rest of the career, it is not possible to get any further loan from any Bank or even a credit card.

rajagopal.s (Lawyer.)     13 July 2015


Not sure why are you waiting to repay the education loan. 

if you are in job, you should repay your education loan and not wait till the bank initiates action on you. 

please be informed that at your young age, you should not be wasting time in courts and also have a bad credit score. you should proactively engage with your bank and start repayment of loan. 

T.V.MANIAN (SENIOR MANAGER(Retd) Nationalised Bank)     01 August 2015

All the above suggestions are valid and  possible ones. U approach the Bank, express yourself, get it resolved. Better relaxed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register