Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Divorce petition withdrawal or ammendment?

hi,  i filed divorce petition on cruelty ground. my divorce case status is , i filed divorce,court gives date, wife get summon , wife come to court, court give date and wife to file reply to my petition. 2 months left for next court date when wife will give reply. My question is can I ammend the petition or can i withdraw the petition? what wil be detail process for this ammendement or withdrawal?what kind of questions court will ask if i want to withdraw or ammend petition?if i withdraw and refile, with more details, will my case become weak? is it a good thing or bad thing infront of court? which is better withdrawal or ammendment?how much time it takes withdrawal or ammendment? please help with all questions.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Why don` t yu file amendment to strenghten case.You withdraw and then file again-another 6 months wasted

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     04 June 2013

Kindly amend the petition. Withdrawal of case is not the right suggestion reason being it will create an impediment in your subsequent pleadings/case. If you have forget to mention any point there is provision for amending the same. Regards Adv.Pradeep K Khatana 09871765000

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     04 June 2013

provision of amendment in petition need to be used very sparingly, so that unnecessary extension of matter can be curtailed.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register