LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GVHariprasad (CONSULTANT)     25 March 2014

Declaration of title based on decree in partition suit

Is it necessary to file a suit for declaration of title and permanent injunction having received a decree in a partition suit?

Background is as follows,

Mr. X filed a suit for partition against co-sharers of the Joint family property. The fact is all the co sharers had sold their property by then, therefore it was not contended by them. Mr.X got ex-parte preliminary decree. Later got the land partitioned through an Advocate Commissioner and the Hon'ble court passed final decree.

Based on above final decree, Mr.X. filed a suit for declaration of title and permanent injunction against few  individuals (10 plot owners) while the joint family is currently owned by 200+ plot owners.

My question to the respected members of this forum is...., why is Mr.X filing suit for declaration of title, when his title was already adjudged by the trail court in partition suit. In other words, I mean he should have just filed for permanent injunction against these 10 plot owners based on final decree in the partition suit....in stead of once again filing for declaration of title.

Is there any possible fraudulent intent behind his move to file for declaration of title, if yes, could you please explain it from the legal stand point.

Thanking you,

Best regards,

HariprasadGV

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 March 2014

The Suit for declaration is to declare a right of the party/plaintiff and when  the right is pertaining to  property , the suit  is for declaration title/ownership   and also for recovery of possession , if the plaintiff is not in possesion , if the plaintfiff is in possesison suit for declaration  title  and  Injunction not to interfere with the possession  of plaintiff . It all depends on the facts of the case and rights of the party /Plaintiff.  

GVHariprasad (CONSULTANT)     26 March 2014

I noticed a typing error in my message posted above. Request all respected members of the forum to read as below.

"while the joint family is currently owned by 200+ plot owners"  -->read as --> "while the joint family land property is currently owned by 200+ plot owners".

Best regards,

HariprasadGv

GVHariprasad (CONSULTANT)     26 March 2014

Mr. Ramachary garu, Thank you for your reply.

As I understood, your reply does not address my query.

I believe, I provided the facts relevant to the issue, Please kindly let me know, if any more facts are needed for providing your expert views.

I am seeking expert views on the legal position, for the plaintiff's suspicious approach taken as explained above.

Best regards,

HariprasadGv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register