LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chowdary Rushinakshatra   06 July 2020

Death certificate

My wife got suicide as she was so sensitive by hanging in the month of may 2020 due to some small misunderstandings with her parents ..we informed immediately to the police and her parents over phone after we notified it at our home . The police came and examined us and noted down our statement and the statement of their parents when they reached our home.. no case registered on us and went away saying that to abtain death certificate just say as natural death at panchayat office when ever I go.. .. Finally We did funerals..and got a letter

when I went to gram panchayat for applying death certificate the ANM over there was responsible to write and forward the application to municipal office.. but, through volunteer she already came to know that my wife got suicide.. and not occured natural death ..I requested her that there is no case filed.. so please mention as natural death and proceed the application.. For doing this she is asking the papers from police department with signature n seal.. but the police are saying there is no case registered and there is no necessity for us to provide any papers.. She just stopped my application for further processing ..If I want to proceed my application as of suicide.. what will be the process?
but no fir registered and no postmartam done..
what I have to do?
plz do give suggesions sir

Learning

12 Replies

JAZZ DS   07 July 2020

go to the lawyer and file a case against the police man that he is not filing the complaint

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 July 2020

What is the full form of ANM used by you ?

What is the status and position of said ANM in Panchayat ?

Chowdary Rushinakshatra   07 July 2020

Dear sir, ANM stands for Auxiliary nurse midwife. The govt of AP newly introduced grampanchayats to provide services like caste certificates, ration cards, birth n death etc etc at door steps through gram volunteers.. Here in my case ANM's are recruited as health secretaries in grampanchayat..They have to enquire the death of a person occured naturally or unnatural death or hospitalized death, which is one of the role among their duties..After proper enquiry that should be filled in the application by them and it should be forwarded to health officer

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 July 2020

Postmortem is mandatory in case of an unnatural death and a police report has to be filed. It is the duty of the local police authority to observe these rules. You may approach the judiciary for relief.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2020

If you have applied for the Death certificate and paid such fees, and if a death certificate is not urgent and important, ignore it for one or two months.  Once you ask your certificate, individual at that level either suspects or wishes to extort some money and encash your urgency.   If you have made a police complaint or through panchayat, if police attended that savapanchayat etc., you need not worry.

Many things are hanging in suspense in the case.  How she has committed suicide?  How the body was treated during death rites?  Whether any postmortem was done or why police advised for taking such natural death certificate etc., In such cases, if the body was cremated, approach a local doctor and obtain a death certificate stating that she has died of natural cause and produce such certificate with your application for the death certificate.  A nurse can not question a doctor's certificate and mere suspicion is not enough to reject DC.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     07 July 2020

I think that the clause requiring the cause of death needs to be removed from death certificates. Even if the death is suspicious or criminal, the fact that the person is dead is not in question. Why insist on doctor's certificate? if five persons of nearby houses or relatives sign with their Aadhaar Number, the death is to be confirmed. That is what I feel.No doctor's certificate that it is natural death is also not accepted in most of the cases.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 July 2020

The present issue is how to get such a certificate under the existing norms without delay.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2020

Is the problem relating to registration of death or getting death certificate?

Chowdary Rushinakshatra   08 July 2020

Getting the death certificate sir

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 July 2020

Choudari garu, once Death is registered, they are bound to provide such Death certificate. First inquire at Burial ground and Panchayat Office whether death was registered or not.

You have not replied as to whether you have filed such an application and paid such fees.  If you have applied for such a certificate with such fees and if the death is registered, issue a simple Registered notice to the Secretary under CP Act and you can certainly get DC.

Regd. Notice under CP Act.

Secretary,

Grama Panchayat,

This applicant....................................s/o...................aged...............resident of House No...................at..............village has on....................(date) submitted application for death certificate for deceased Smt......................w/0....................expired on......................... and paid fees of Rs......................as consideration.

The death certificate has to be provided within 10 days maximum under Citizen charter.  In spite of regular visits, as the certificate was not provided this notice demanding for providing such death certificate within one week from date of receipt, failing which the complainant has to approach to District Consumer forum seeking remedies for harassment by the authorities and seeking compensation from the concerned official that was deliberately delaying the issue of the death certificate, violating laid down rules in Citizen Charter.

Complainant.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 July 2020

It appears there is some confusion whether the death has been registered. If so, who had given initimation to the Panchayat. And if it is that intimation is given and duly registered, the status could be verified through RTI and even, online.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 July 2020

The prevailing practice is that the nearest relative who was attending to cremation must fill a registration form with copies 1+ 3.  Immediately two copies will be delivered to the applicant, and the applicant has to be submitted in his Ward-Municipal office.  Within 3 days, there will be a routine verification directly at the place where death has taken place and with neighbors, and the Revenue inspector confirms the death and name of the deceased.  A death certificate will be prepared in the register, and on the application, with fees minimum, four original certificates are being delivered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register