LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ersh............. (student)     12 October 2010

D.S.T.E.

D.S.T.E. i.e. Document Submission for Tax Exemption Benefit &misc.

Hi, here I am trying to put some of my doubts and queries.

1. Is it necessary to submit docu for tax exemption benefit for medical allowance(for medi reimburse we do).?
  2. doe the Children edu allowance is only for those employees who are married or for all employees? Do the employees need to submit docu. Here also or what?
  3. Does the Food Coupon and lunch allowance are same concepts or diff? sometimes I have seen F.C. in earning heads of salaryslip and sometimes in deduction heads, what thios code is exactly or it can varry as per co.’s policy? In one case I have sen that employees are taking food coupons then the amnt for same will be deducted from gross salary!
  4. if employees are getting conveyance allowance and transport facility by employer on free of cost then whaether employees will get tax exemtion benefit for conveyance or not? One case I had read on net in Mumbai in detail still not able to understand,plz clarify.
  5. will the esi contribution stop if employee is getting incree in mid of contribun period? Or it will continue till end of the contri period?

Learning

1 Replies

radha krishna (vp-hr)     19 October 2010

Reply to your querry no.05.

We have to continue ESI contribution for the balance of contribution period.

For other querries I request taxation experts to respond.

B Radha Krishna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register