Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cross examination for divorce (husband applied against wife)

Page no : 2

suresh1977 (Leader)     07 March 2012

Yes! i Agree with you shonee!

Jude also giving short dates only now a days, so we will fight the case!.

thanks,

suresh

suresh1977 (Leader)     15 March 2012

Dear Experts,

Today we appeared before court for cross Examination but nothing happend positivley today their lawyer asked for next  date so my brother complained to judge regarding their intention to drag the case for unknown reason.

Judge assured him she will monitor thier activity on next hearing date(02/04/2012) and inform them to co-operate to conduct the Trial!

Another small drama played by our lawyer like below.

last one week we didn't call our laywer to avoid his negotiation for settlement amount more than 6 Laks, so today morning he simply asked for our answer on negotiation amount infront of opposite laywer so we simply answered we are not ready for that amount and asked him to continue the case & the opposite lawyer also heared our answers . My lawyer was very upset by our answer and left the court hall and never come back for hearing(explained in above paras) after that by saying he was busy with other case HC but we are waiting for the Cross-Examination in court hall .

We are counting the days to change this Lawyer!

Thanks,

Suresh

suresh1977 (Leader)     16 March 2012

Dear Experts,

Please advice on how to handle the pressure created by opposite lawyer during cross.

I Think our Lawyer also want to create a Pressure on us as we stop the settlement Talk which he hopes for Lumpsum.

is there anyway we can check & Verify our Answers Recorded Propperly in court?

My Brother is Emotionally charged in last visit and this may continue in next hearing also so i much worrying about give right direction to him and make the cross without impacting our Case base.

My Brother wife telling she is not ready for Divorce infront of judge so judge replied then why are you not co-operating the case.

Please advice me on do & don'ts during cross in chennai Family court.

Thanks,

Suresh

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2012

Wait a minute.

If he asks irrelevant questions and your lawyer is silent. Just tell the judge, this is irrelevant to the present case. It is not a cross for criminal case. The opposite lawyer would then be on guard to put stupid questions anymore.

Let judge decide each question about relevancy, the opposite lawyer's chain of thought would be broken.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com 

1 Like

suresh1977 (Leader)     19 March 2012

Thanks Mr. Shonee!

We will Check the Questions before answering!

Thanks,

Suresh

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 March 2012

The adage, "THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK" should keep you company.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

suresh1977 (Leader)     26 March 2012

Thanks Shonee,

Last staturday i met my lawyer and discuss abot the Preparation for Cross.

My Lawyer insits the below points.

1. This Cross is for Both Divorce(Brother) & RCR(wife) so be prepared on our Proof for divorce & counter for thier RCR.

2. We have to tell judge or record some Regarding Marriage Reception held at our home town for our Relatives becuase it will help us to reduce the Maintenance amount etc she is telling.

3. The oppsite party may take one or more sitting to complete the cross and the opposite lawyer may speak without respect to you to Torthure you like that

is it true?in that case we can report to judge right? 

4. My Lawyer is telling that they may take more days to complete the Cross etc!

Please advice me on below points:

1. Can we tell the court during cross like  thier Police complaints on dowry harrasement (againt My brother, My self and my wife & our famil and also my father in Law )in women cell and thier Deman d for 30 Laks for Mutual Settelement and we attched their Laywyer notice Regarding thier city Civil court case to cancel our AB Application).

2. My Brother's wife filed separate police compliants on departmental action Against my father in-law(Working Police Department) and we have the thier Complaint Xerox Copy with us.

Thanks,

Suresh

Just Now, I Spoke to our Lawyer Regarding the above points and he said we are presenting the Truth so nothing to worry and we can explian all the Things happend before and after divorce Proceedings.

Much Releived on this

Thanks,

Suresh

Dear Experts,

We saw her Resume Posted in Job Website but i unable to download it but i have the Screen shot for the same

The Details including her expected minimum Salary and Previous Expereince etc and the Position Looking for etc.

Please Advice is that fine to Prove her Working Capabilititis.

Thanks,

Suresh

suresh1977 (Leader)     27 March 2012

Dear Experts, Please provide your thoughts on my Query... Thanks suresh

Mohankumar (engineer)     02 April 2012

@ suresh1977

i have sent you  personal message

suresh1977 (Leader)     02 April 2012

Dear Experts,

Today Judge is on Leave so our case is post-phoned to May 21st.

What to do, Even my brother argued with the offcials for short date but nothing helped as the oppsosite Lawyer forced for 2 months time for his cross but the same time our lawyer is not attending the court even we keep on calling him to come & speak for shorter date.

so we decided to change the Lawyer immediateklly and told them to give the case docuements and he agreed to give it for 5000 Rs.

comming staturday i can collect the case documents from hime after paying the 5000.

Please Advice me on what need to be very carefull during this move.

we decided to go with other Lawyer & one highcourt Senior Lawyer to work on to speed up the case.

Please through your sugesstions.

Thanks,

Suresh

suresh1977 (Leader)     02 April 2012

Dear Mohan,

Please Post your Case details as a Seprate topic in this forum to get help and Sugesstions.

Each case is different and you only know the Actual things but we can guide as much possible.

Don't Worry Plan well & Act Accordingly.

Truth Always win but some time it will take time(years).

Thanks,

suresh

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 April 2012

Well Cross-examination is an art, no one can predict what all queries would be put to you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

suresh1977 (Leader)     03 April 2012

Thanks Shonee sir,

Actually what my Concern here is!

We all know our lawyer set an secret agreement with the opposite party to settle for huge amount!

till that time we were waiting becos the judge was very keen on speed up the case so we are not worrying about our Lawyer.

but yesterday unfortunetly jude is on leave so the oppsoire lawyer use that to drag the cross for 2 months.

so we decided to change the lawyer and inform him about and we are going to get it by this saturday.

In this move what are all the things need to taken care while getting Case Document from Ex Lawyer??

Thanks

Suresh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register