Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajini (Lawyer )     19 August 2009

Credit card misuse

Dear Sir,

My credit card has been misused by someone on 20/02/2008 & 21/02/2008 for Rs. 60000/- to book flight tickets. One ticket is for international ticket. I received a call from the credit card company saying that your credit card is misused by someone on 21/02/2008. I asked the bank to block the card. Bank suggested to file disputed form. I have filed the disputed form on 28/02/2008 along with FIR with Police and scanned and emailed to the Bank. Bank replied we refer to the concerned department and replied it will take 45 days to reply your query. Again I wrote to them remained on 40th day, again replied it will take 45 days to solve your query.

Mean while the credit card bill are coming monthly and this has became rs. 120000/- now?. 

My questions are:-

1)I have registered with credit card association of india managed by advocate. He suggested to keep quite and not to bother since you have fled FIR and company will claim insurance on the card misuse. But still i am receiving the bills? What I have to do now.

2) In the bill bank say that incase you have a disputed transaction, you to bring to bank notice with 20days from the date of bill date. I have complied this? Bank not taken any action? What is now the alternative?

Please suggest. Thanks in advance

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register