LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish (xyz)     20 February 2010

property

i want to know is it right to clame for the poperty which is on the name of mother and she has will it to be given to my brother and died.can i clame it to give my share from my brother even after so many years.please let me know .

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 February 2010

First let me know whether the property is her self earned property or is that from your father's ancestral preoperty? If it is self earned, then, she can give it to anybody. You cannot claim the share in it. If it is your ancestral preoperty, then you can claim your share. And you have not mentioned how many years have passed.

thanx,the property is not self earned she was a house wife it is purchased by my father money but i have no recordes.she had willed it in 1992.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 February 2010

Manish, you can contest the will by your mother, as you have equal share in that property. There is no limitation for filing the case.

1 Like

accourding to which law can u please guid me .

mahendra (AGM-F)     20 February 2010

Mr. X purchased a household flat in the year March-2000. He paid stamp duty at the prescribed rate at the time of execution of Sale Deed. The Sale Deed However, not registered with Sub-registrar in Mumbai-Suburban. The Seller also not registerd with Sub Registrar. However, the original owner of the flat (from whom the seller bought the flat) has registered the flat with Sub registrar in the year 1986.

1)      What is the procedure to be followed and cost involved in registering the flat now by Mr. X.

2)      What are the consequences if the flat is not registered and Mr. X wants to sale the same today.

Please advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register