LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun (MD)     09 May 2013

Registration of partition deed of a property in another stat



We a property in another state for which we need to execute a partition deed. As there are some aged people they can't make it to the registar office. Can we register the partition deed of that property in the state we are living?





 8 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 May 2013

No. It has to be registered at the Sub registrar's office within whose jurisdiction the property is situated.

Arjun (MD)     09 May 2013

Thanks for the reply. Also suggest us how to execute the partition deed as there are aged people who cannot travel?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 May 2013

the aged persons may give General Power of Attorney to one of the family members and get it registered in SRO where they residing.  with that power the agent of GPA may execute the deed.(2) the partition deed be prepared and the parties of the partition deed shall sign on the document at where they residing and then the aged people give authorisation to one person to present the partition document at SRO where the property is situated.  the 2nd option is easy and best

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 May 2013

Any of the executors of the document can go to register it at the place where the property is situated once the document is executed by all. The other executors can sign the document at their place and authorise him for registration.

Arjun (MD)     09 May 2013

Thanks for the Reply.

Hemang (Advocate)     25 May 2013

No more to add

bol (adv)     11 May 2014

I request you to take a medical certificate about the old aged person stating his well in conscious state and free from mental disorder but weak to travel. with the support of medical certificate make the GPA more authenticate to avoid future complicacy.

Jagdish Neema   05 September 2016

No itcan't be registerdinanother State.However u can get it registered on the strength of registered Power of attorney.

Jagdish Neema

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register