Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Ramachandran (Executive)     28 November 2011

Legally possess unregistered wasteland

Dear Sirs,

3 years back we have bought a part of a land , it was written and signed in a 20rs bond paper from the seller who possess the property for almost 40 years and its a ("meikal Porambokku" [Tamil] if i m right its means "wasteland for grazing") .  People residing there told we can't register and also we didnt have enough financial strength to do so... these are the reason we have got the document in 20rs bond paper.

1. Is document written & signed in 20rs bond paper is not valid legally that we are the owner of the land and also I would like to know whether wastelands can be registered , especially "Wasteland for grazing" . If yes, could you help me to find a way on how to register it under our name. is it possible!!

2. We build a small house now and started residing ... it would be much helpful if you guide me ways to legally possess the land to avoid any future disputes.

I would like to extend my grateful thanks in advance for your expert advise!!!

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     29 November 2011

Dear Rajesh,

Poramboke land cannot be legalised. so only option for you will be to enjoy the property until eviction is issued by govt.There is no other solution to your query.Pl do not get carried away by this 20rs stamp paper. It has no legal value and your tranaction is lawfully not recognised.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 November 2011

You are in possession enjoy it, but do not have any right, title or cliam over the property. Stamp paper worth Rs. 20 donot confer/grant you any title, it is a wastepaper in law.

1 Like

Rajesh Ramachandran (Executive)     30 November 2011

Dear Vish & Dr Maj,

Thanks a million for your expert advise.

For my knowledge i would like to know, whether poramboke land can not be registered.

So you mean that previous seller does not have any right for this property too !! 

Now our area is from panchayat to municipal authorities.. If government granting patta for the poramboke land and we are applying patta for the property with the strength of property tax (paying for past 3 years) ration card, EB bill , etc.. , if i get the patta under our title. Do we have any right or title over the property.

Thanks & Kind Regards.

Rajesh Ramachandran (Executive)     15 June 2012

Hi please advise me in this regards... 

Now our area is from panchayat to municipal authorities.. If government granting patta for the poramboke land and we are applying patta for the property with the strength of property tax (paying for past 3 years) ration card, EB bill , etc.. , if i get the patta under our title. Do we have any right or title over the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register