LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

fasting against corruption

I am fasting against corruption (for 24 hours) and invite my friends at LCI to join this movement. Corrupt politicians who point fingers at Baba Ramdev, Anna Hazare, Bhushans and others need to look at themselves first. Let us support all who fight for corruption.

Learning

11 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 June 2011

Anna Hazare undertook fast for drafting Lokpal bill and a committee has been formed. Instead of waiting and finding out what the committee achieves or does not achieve, one Swami Ramdev has started a fast with another set of demands. The whole thing has become a tamasha. Seeing the red-carpet treatment being received from the Cabinet Ministers I suspect that the Swami is in hands and gloves with the corrupt politicians to derail the Lokpal Bill. Let the Swami first declare the assets he controls directly or indirectly. I am using the word 'control' because he claims that he owns nothing.  I am not going to do any fasting, why 24 hours, even for the hours in-between meals.

All those who attire themselves in saffron are  frauds.

2 Like

(Guest)
Did you fast with Anna Hazare? I did. Baba Ramdev's business is profitable, but it is not a crime to own a profitable business in India.
1 Like

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     04 June 2011

Uma! when you are going to do satyagrah for 24 hours? I am convaying my support for your hunger strike for 24 hours.   

1 Like

(Guest)
June 5th, just a few minutes to go :)

(Guest)
Breaking my fast at midnight. Anna Hazare has called for fasting on 8th to protest Baba Ramdev's arrest.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     05 June 2011

I agree.

It's not a crime to do business.

If a person is content and fulfilled,then only he can give love and happiness to others.

1 Like

(Guest)
Roshni B, thank you for the support I appreciate it. I hope our movement grows.
1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     06 June 2011

Certainly doing profitable business is not a crime. But a saffron clad sanyasi, who is supposed to have renounced the world allegedly doing business and owning thousands of crores is suspect. What are the sources of income of this "business-man". Does he submit income-tax returns every year.  Many people are rightly hauled up for having assets disproportionate to their known sources of income. What about this swami?  He owns and travels in private jet/s. He owns an island somewhere in the world.

The congress first treated him as a VVIP with senior ministers waiting on him. Then there was disagreement. Disagreements often happen among thieves.  The result was the sudden midnight crack-down, I suspect. Anyway the Lokpal bill is lost.

Notwithstanding all these, the gullible go after him. 

2 Like

A.Mohamed Thaheer (Advocate)     07 June 2011

Sister,

I am not discouraging your fasting for corruption.  In my opinion, Corruption eminates from our Home.  Take your family members including yourself. Analyse spiritually, how many corrupt deeds we are doing in our day to day life
to achieve our personal goals for our survivals. Are we sacrificing our needs for common cause? Are we helping our parents without any selfish motive? Corruption in behavious is also to be curbed. So, you fast for one day in your home with determination that you will not involve in any corrupt activities and make your family not corrupt.
Any person can take leadership for his own house to combat corruption within the house, then, automatically,
our country will become corrupt free. I think, I am right in giving my opinion not advice

zimmerzapper (student)     07 June 2011

who'll monitor that you'll stick to your word?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 June 2011

Monitor whom, the one who is fasting or the one against whom the fasting is?  Long ago there was one Mr. Tara Singh. First he demanded Khalistan. Later he slightly stepped down and started demanding Punjabi Suba. Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru was the then Prime Minister. On and off Tara Singh would undertake fast demanding Punjabi Suba. Nehru rejected his demands as communal. Nehru used to say that the fast could go on and on as long as he wanted. The rumor was that Tara Singh was supplied with idlis at night. He was credited with introducing idli in Punjab for the first time. Nehru never conceded Punjabi Suba until his death in 1964. In due course by mid-January, 1966 Indira Gandhi became Prime Minister of India. By March, 1966 she conceded Punjab as a separate state. She thought she was thus check-mating the Akalis. But year after year the Punjab situation became worse and worse. In 1984 first there was Operation Blue Star. Mr. Kushwant Singh, who was claiming he to be an agnostic, his turban and beard notwithstanding, returned his Padma award (I don’t know which one of the three) in protest. About 3 or 4 months later Indira Gandhi was shot and killed by her own Sikh body-guard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register