LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Executive)     19 January 2013

Case against a cheating girlfriend

Can a guy who has been in a relation with a girl for 6 years, spend a lot of money and has been promised by the girl that she will marry him, but after 6 years the girl denies to tell anything about it to her parents, the guy has been honest to her all the time, file a case against her?

The guy's family knew everything about it and agreed for marriage where the girl said that she will tell her family after completing her studies but when its time then she denies for no visible reason and when asking about it she said why did you trust me? The girl doesn't want to talk about it any further.

Guy has all proofs about their affair. The main intention will be to make a fair complaint to her parents without being it a blackmail. Her parents live in another state and city.

Well I know Indian laws are inclined towards female but what about us guys who are nowdays are being cheated by their girlfriends a lot, some of us who truely believe in honesty and committment and our lives are destroyed because of our girlfriends.

Can I sue her for this and for the pyschological torture that she has subjected me to? Is it not criminal breach of trust?

Is there a legal way to talk to her parents face to face or file a case against it?

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 January 2013

1. Law is there to help you, means a INDIAN MALE by which I mean particular sections from IPC is there and you can file a complaint case also in right spirits as per facts before us.

2. But, suppose she turns around the moment you charge criminal laws (cheating / punishment for cheating) against her and now she tells police 'in these 6 years you raped her to protect his wrongs he has filed this complaint case'! The irony here is “we want justice” in India Gate has changed the whole dynamics in such allegations.

3. What will now you do knowing law is there but “gospel truth of a g/f” is also becoming Law of the land.
Illustration:
Now-a-days Delhi’s autowallahs are hesitating to commute females, reason they give is that, when asked for fare even by the meter most of the female commuters says to autowallahs take less money otherwise I will cry r@pe / molestation and you know what will happen to you! And some even just walk off without paying and yet are found to be saying the same! Now imagine what remedy these poor autowallahs of
Delhi are having under utopian shade of “we want justice”.

4. Hence my opinion are two; say loudly THANKS she walked off and bless her speedy marriage otherwise she will come back to you with above charges and second next time stay away from all woman who are not your sister / mother / aunt / grand mother and let any other woman apart from these beg for friendship with you.

5. Our laws do not provide specific reliefs for cases arising purely from a breach of one’s promise to marry another. An aggrieved person can claim compensation or damages for breach of promise to marry. Once the existence of promise to marry is proved then its breach would certainly be actionable under S. 73 and 74 of the Indian Contract Act. Damages for breach of promise to marry shall include not only material and pecuniary losses but also compensation for mental and moral suffering. Fraudulent representations regarding a marriage is  capable of giving rise in appropriate circumstances to criminal as well as civil liability (Law of Torts)

You are free not to subscribe to my mixed legal response.

So does that mean that the guy should do nothing about it. Just forget everything and move on. There is no way by which we can even tell this to her parents face to face?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     19 January 2013

1. Yes, you / your family can why not. Also no one stopped you / your family in these 6 LONG YEARS. 
2. But the moment you do so, do you think the girl who didnot come clean in a 6 LONG YEARS relationship with you going to spell out her 6 LONG YEARS truth to her own family members now!
3. BTW I also wrote points from law in para 5

Think and act from head not from heart now.

The guy has not met the girl for last 8-9 months as she is in a different city so how can she put a rape case against the guy. Yes, you are right in that she will not say truth to her parents. It's difficult for the guy to speak to her parents as they also live in a different city.

Then in this case if i think from head only then the guy must leave her and her thoughts and move on. Her loss that she lost a good guy. don't know what to do exactly. It seems like somebody has just cheated in this case.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2013

query seems to be repeated. There is no law to compell marriage evenif any party refused at last moment.

Ujjal Majhi   13 November 2015

Respected Sir,

Main upni Girl Friend k against case karna chahata hu, mujhe kya karna hoga. Please help me. Mujhe english nehi ata, please mujhe bataiye. Main is halat me nehi hu k bata saku mere sath kya galti huwa hai, par hum dono ka relation 8yrs ka. Please bataiye.

Jab koyi larki ko law help karta hai to kya hum logo koyi support nehi milega law ka.

(Guest)

Contact narendra modi.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2015

Originally posted by : Ujjal Majhi
Respected Sir,

Main upni Girl Friend k against case karna chahata hu, mujhe kya karna hoga. Please help me. Mujhe english nehi ata, please mujhe bataiye. Main is halat me nehi hu k bata saku mere sath kya galti huwa hai, par hum dono ka relation 8yrs ka. Please bataiye.

Jab koyi larki ko law help karta hai to kya hum logo koyi support nehi milega law ka.

पहले तो अपना पेज अल;आग बनाओ दुसरे के केस में अपने तथ्य डालकर कन्फ्यूज न करो ?

इंग्लिश नहीं आती तो हिन्दी में लिखो

आपने को तथ्य तो लिखा नहीं है,  यह कानून सलाह की फोरम है कोई ज्योतिषी फोरम नहीं की कोई प्रश्नशास्त्री बिना सवाल किये हल दे देगा

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register