|Originally posted by : Anupama
||can they prove that rent was only 10k which was the amount they were paying only by cheque.please guide
1. File ejection suit.
2. The case will go on for next 10=15 years. Civil matter, just date date date, judge wont sit even for half hour and will get up and go, date again. Lawyer strike, court holidays, OP did not appear, some days you did not go, some days your lawyer did not go, some days OP advocate did not appear. Few days judge on leave. Judge transfer. etc all this will take that much time.
3. you cant do anything till case gets decided.
4. Court will first ordder eviction. Then you will have to file execution. The OP will keep taking time. Some day execution proceedings will happen.
5. After that recorvery of rent due. That too if they have money to pay you. rent X 15 years = recovery possible? Most probably not possible.
6. Then they should have some property in their name for court to realize and give to you. Without which your rent is gone. Forget interest getting.
7. Then comes the IT tax evasion case which they want to file. That will go on for 1-2 years, and you will have to pay money as fine for evading tax. 7 years jail for evading tax the way you claim to have taken cash rent.
Best is to go for out of court settlement.
Giving house on rent very big headache, only if you have capacity to withstand the above procedure you should give house on rent or else its better to give house on lease.
9. Other thing is hire some goons and get the house vacated. That will cost you money but you should get the right people to do it. It should not be so that they get the house vacated and then occupy the house. Double headache. Think what suits you, you have been sufficiently advised already.