Share More

gdk (student)     26 April 2014

Compromise

Friends,

Please advise me:

AT present,

1. Appeal is pending before High Court for nullification of marriage,
  2. DVC Appeal is pending before Metropolitan Sessions Judge
  3. 498A case started in Mahila Court recently.

In all the above cases, Iam the wife and appellant/petitioner respectively.

In previous hearing in 498A case, when Judge asked for Compromise (I was absent due to certain reasons and my father went to Court), my husband told that yes he is ready for compromise but when when my advocate called his parents, they did not respond properly.

I want to know, suppose this time when I go to Court and when again Judge asks me for compromise, shall I say yes? (Iam ready for compromise but don't know the procedure in the Court and what are the plans of my husband to ruin my life)

Suppose I say yes for compromise, please advise me on the probable course of action in all the cases mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 April 2014

Compromise is still a situation in which some things are lost and some are won. It is a balancing exercise of competing interests and it is a good tool to grow cooperation. Ultimately, however, both of you might like to aim for a collaborative relationship. Meaning that the activities, pursuits, shared living arrangements etc. that both of you perform together become a result of collaboration where both of your input is equal, considerate of the other, builds on all the positive aspects of your contributions and creates an environment in which both of you thrive as distinct, important individuals who are totally supportive of one another. It carries no sense of either partner having to give up anything for or feel subsumed or outshone by the other person. Instead, choices are made by each individual with love, respect and care for the other uppermost in their decisions. This can take years to perfect and it's a wonderful journey.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register