Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishor (Consultant)     07 December 2010

Cheque Bounce, Borrower address not known

Dear Friends,

How can I summon someone whose 50K cheque bounced and absconded to Delhi from Mumbai.

I have his PAN nbr and email address thru which he promises to pay back for last 2 mnths.

The borrower was a top brass in a reputed bank.

Will the police help me trace him? Thru his email I have traced him to Delhi.

Do I have any legal remedy to bring him to justice for the agony I am suffering.

TIA.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Kishore Ji,

You have a remedy in Section 138 of NI Act But the time limit has crossed. What you need to do is get this cheque bounced one more time.

Before depositing the same you need to see tha date. The Cheques can be deposited within 6 months of th date mentioned on them.

Subsequently you will have to give him a notice for payment within 15 days. This notice has to be sent by your Lawyer.

Even after this he does not pay you can file a complaint in JMFC Court.

If you in which bank he is working you can sedn the notice to his office address also.

Kishor (Consultant)     07 December 2010

Many Thanks for your response.

But issue is how to trace him, will the police help me. Is there a provisioon in law ?

He was asked to "go" from his bank.

TIA.

(Guest)

you can also lodge a complaint with crime branch with the cheque  and other details for cheating.,  They will enquire and  find out the the person or his whereabouts.

Kishor (Consultant)     08 December 2010

Thanks for your response.

He is coming in the city to get his reliving letter. So he mailed to say he will meet me. Can I get police to arrest him? and obtain all details?

(Guest)

first of all you approach him and get your required details through him.  If he failed take precaution  with aid of police personnel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register