Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay   24 April 2022

Certified sale deed

Hello there,

I'm planning to buy a Villa situated in a gated community having 50+ villas in Bangalore. While going through the documents we have noticed that the owner is having the Certified copy of Sale Deed only. He is not having the Original Sale Deed. On enquiring came to know that the original sale deeds are missing. 

I need your opinion on this, is this good to buy or shall I drop ?

Thanks,

Ajay.

Learning

1 Replies

shraddha Easwaran   25 April 2022

Dear querist,

The sale deed is a legally binding document. When the procedure of finalizing the sale deed is completed, the buyer receives ownership of the property. The buyer has complete control over the property and receives the title to it. The sale deed is a legal document that proves the buyer's ownership of the immovable property and includes all pertinent information. The sale deed is written on non-judicial stamp paper with a value determined by the state government in which the property transaction occurs.

Additionally, if the owner has misplaced the original sale deed, he can obtain a copy of the original sale deed, which then acts as the sale deed that has been misplaced by the owner.

I don’t think that you will face any issues, as the owner might have obtained a copy of the original sale deed from the respective authorities after following a lot of legal procedures.

Hope you find this useful.

Thankyou,

Shraddha.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register