Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Carpet area

Hi ,

My dad purchase a flat in 1994 with an agreement value of 2 Lakhs and area of 450 sq.ft carpet area and paid it all . Later on builder change the plan and during handing over in 1997 he provided a revised carpet area of 650 sq.ft . Most of promises done in agreement by the builder were not fulfilled hence revised agreement for new area was not done . However legal cooperate taxes are paid based upon in hand area i.e 650 sq.ft . Also, housing society is formed and it has deemed conveyance due to builder not issued completion certificate but the area mentioned in society register is 450 sq.ft only as a revised agreement for the additional area is not done. As of now, we have legal possession as we are paying all corporate bills. Also, case put by builder on possession is dismissed as he is lost interest in it . 

1. Now in the redevelopment case what best I can do?

2. is there really any issue that will be arising? 

3. does the new builder will ask me to revise the agreement of 650 sq.ft 

4. Am i required to pay money for new agreement of additional area 

5. Any issues to me from Society? 

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Redevelopment means demolishing the Old Structure and replacing the same with New Structure with new Dimensions and Space.

As per Bye-law no. 77, Structural Audit of the Building is to be conducted when the Building is more than 30 years old. The Report of such Structural Audit would reveal the condition of the Building and indicate whether the Society needs Redevelopment.

Conducting Structural Audit is mandatory since it is the first and the foremost step to be taken for deciding Redevelopment as Structural Survey is required to be carried out for both the building and the adjacent structures.

In redevelopment, Additional area of 25-30% will be received as compensation from the Developer. Also, additional space, if available, could be purchased from the Developer at best available price.

The additional area that they should get as not only in terms of percentage increase in their existing carpet area but also in actual number of Square Feet.

The Development  Agreement shall have specific mention of the agreed Carpet Area.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 May 2023

The posting suggests no issues other than inviting suggestions as to possible issues. As such. any suggestion cannot but be speculative.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register