LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul Anand   31 August 2023

Car damaged by the maruti workshop

My car sustained damage while at a Maruti Authorized workshop. They have offered to cover the repair costs, but they are refusing to disclose any information regarding how the damage occurred, CCTV footage, driver information, or details about injuries. Moreover, they are not providing warranties or guarantees for safety features such as the opened airbag, concealing additional damages, and maintaining a lack of transparency. I'm seeking advice on the best course of action. The market value of the car is Rs. 5.50 Lac. If I decide to pursue legal action, what amount of compensation could I potentially claim?

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 August 2023

Are you interested in the money or a remedy to your problem.

First of all you decide what is to be done to get a relief to the current problem.

Next how can you tackle this legally 

After that enquire from the chosen advocate about the compensation aspect.

Atul Anand   01 September 2023

My main problem is that they are hiding the information about how damaged the car, CCTV footage, Driver's technical and equation qualification, Driver License. Air bag has been opened of the damaged car. They are ready to repair. I told him that If any mishappening from me and air bag is opened who is responsible. The damaged car can increase maintenance cost in the future. Then I have to bear all cost. They are not commenting anything this type of liability.

Hardeep (Business)     02 September 2023

" future liabilities " no one will bear.

you may ask for car to be thoroughly checked and approved by Maruti Engineers before you accept repairs. If Maruti refuses you may have a case. Document everything.

Atul Anand   02 September 2023

Thank you Mr. Hardeep I want to express my gratitude for your valuable input. You provided an excellent perspective on the situation. I already sent an email to both Magice Auto Pvt. Ltd. and Maruti Suzuki Ltd., stating that I cannot accept the car without written assurance of roady worthy contidtion from the Maruti Suzuki. However, neither company has responded, and they have verbally conveyed their refusal to provide any written commitments. Considering this refusal, should we now seriously consider initiating legal proceedings against them?

Hardeep (Business)     03 September 2023

Send them a reminder, referring also to the verbal conversation wherein they have refused to check the car and provide any written commitments. Make clear that if no response by  certain date you will be forced to proceed legally and claim damages, including for inconvenience, mental harrassement and anguish.

I imagine the car is still with Magic Auto Pvt. Ltd. If no satisfactory response case may lie against both of them.  Take advise of a local lawyer with full documents. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 September 2023

case appears to be suitable for consumer court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register