Can i register FIR alongwith civil case

I had paid rs 12lakh to land lord as token money and made an agreement on stamp paper of Rs 1000 to purchase a land,but landlord refused to register the land and he register the same land to another party.I filed civil suit in december 2017 and he sold the same land in may 2018.
Here my question is that can i register FIR against him in police station ,whereas i had already filed civil suit against him.

Advocate

yes, you can file police complaint against errant landlord. As such there is no bar. Recently supreme court has also confirmed it.

If you have case number or any referance regarding supreme court judgement,please mention

If you have case number or any referance regarding supreme court judgement,please mention

Advocate

Search on internet. It is 2018 judgement.

Any text suggestion for this search

FIN

Your own LOCAL counsel may opine that you may lodge complaint with jurisdictional PS/Anti fraud cell (under proper acknowledgment)…and inform the buyer to whom property is sold, also… and Police after receiving complaint mandatory has to get it converted to FIR within 7 days or reject the complaint with proper reasons!

FIN

In the meantime you may go thru;

Liberty Garden Co-op. Housing Soc. Ltd V/S K.T. Group and Others.

Contempt Petition No. 20 of 2018 in Arbitration Petition No. 247 of 2017

Decided On, 04 May 2018

At, High Court of Judicature at Bombay

By, THE HONORABLE JUSTICE: S.J. KATHAWALLA

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA CRIMINAL ORIGINAL JURISDICTION WRIT PETITION (CRIMINAL) NO. 68 OF 2008

Lalita Kumari .... Petitioner (s) Versus Govt. of U.P. & Ors. .... Respondent(s)

SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

State by Lokayuktha Police Vs. H. Srinivas

[Criminal Appeal No.775/2018 arising out of SLP (CRL.) No. 5391 of 2017]

[Criminal Appeals Nos.776779/2018 arising out of SLP (CRL.) No. 56065609 of 2017]

N. V. RAMANA., J .

.................................J. (N.V. RAMANA)

..................................J. (S. ABDUL NAZEER)

NEW DELHI,

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x