Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

papiya das   17 June 2016

Can an affidavit with mother as a guardian be equal to that of father as a guardian

I have applied for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child scholarship for PG students. I have submitted an affidavit where my mother is mentioned as my guardian because my father works in outstation and cannot come frequently to our place. The bank is not accepting the affidavit.Is there any means to regularise the said affidavit without getting a fresh one from my father?

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 June 2016

Though Bank may be proper in insisting father's signature as he is  having earning, and affidavit binds him and he is also living, please file RTI Application seeking information as follows:particulars of CPIO must be displayed in branch under RTI voluntary disclosure.

Application dt.17th Jun,2016 seeking information under RTI Act filed

Before : CPIO,..............Bank.....................(place)

RTI Fee: Rs.10/- Indian Postal order fvg.......Bank payable at....(place of CPIO.

Applicant:.............Your full address)

Information solicited:

1) Please provide the laid down norms/circular/directives that state mother should not file affidavit, in absence of father for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child scholarship for PG students

2)If there is no such directive, please inform specific reason for rejecting affidavit filed by my mother.

Applicant.

(My personal advice is that you should not enter into arguments for small matters even before availing loan, and your father can submit the affidavit to the Bank branch near to his work place and let the loan disbursement process go smooth)

Please post the response from CPIO of the Bank for information and knowledge of other members.  Before availing anyloan search google and find out the details of scheme and always keep hard copy of such features.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register