Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Tiwari (MD)     15 November 2017

Call recording

Hi,

I have around 25 employees working. All of them have smart phone (self owned). Few days back I found that one of the employee has recorded call of another collegue and started harrasing.

Can I as an employer restrict call recording in work place area and instruct them to remove call recording app from their phones. Or take legal action if i find such recordings surfacing

Learning

6 Replies

anand   15 November 2017

No, You can not interfere in one's personal matters... All you can do is to terminate the employee on the ground of harassments(if its against your company policies) or file a case on the individual. 

(Guest)

It is permissible evidence in court of law WRT call recording/video recording etc.
If someone has a problem, they will complain to employer.  Employer should conduct enquiry and after that should contact the police.  Police will take required action.

If you dismiss a employee on above grounds, he will drag employer to court.

You should follow what I have suggested.  That is legal route.  Other routes of giving dhamki, warning all that wont be legal.  You will face legal harassment in future if you cross your limits.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2017

The personal matters should be kept for personal hours.

If the matter of harassment is not at workplace or involve workplace then ask the employees to keep their personal matters after work hours.

The establishment can draft their private rules, policies.

The establishment may draft their private rules, policies and preferably send to legal cell/Law firm engaged by establishment for firming these up.

Simple thing is to ; make employees busy in work at workplace and make them enjoy thier work and performance and rewards of performance.

Even if you are a lawyer/to be a lawyer in future; avoid touchstone point of viw for anything and everything.

The establishment having just 25 employees may better focus on revenue genrattion and profits for future....

Emmagranger   17 November 2017

At the point when a call starts it will state your call is Do my Essay being recorded and heaps of organizations and all banks and wellbeing organizations do that and on the off chance that you would prefer not to be recorded then you simply hang up. While you can request that they erase the chronicle they will reveal to you ought not have chatted with them on the off chance that you didn't need it recorded importance they would not erase it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register