Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jatboy (Executive)     29 May 2011

Brother got a DDA flat, what will be wife's share?

My sole brother who happens to be a hindu got married 4 months back and both belong to the same religion and caste. He recently got a DDA Flat. The cost of flat is 60 lac and  the downpayment of around 30 lac will be paid by my father and the rest will be financed jointly by my brother and bhabhi.

We wish to sell the flat after 18 months. What will be the share of bhabhi and dad? Are we supposed to make legal papers regarding equal share of dad since he has made the downpayment? Is the share of property equal to the contribution made by dad and bhabhi? Can bhabhi go to court and ask for equal share? Does it matter if the house is on rent or self occupied?  Marriage certificate has been recently made as well.

Fo eg. if we sell the flat for 80 lac. then dad should get 40 lac, brother 35 lac and bhabhi 5 lac (installments paid by her). Am i right? Please suggest. We live in delhi.

Learning

1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 May 2011

It is alloted in the name of your brother, as such he is the absolute onwer of that alloted plot, neither your father nor your bhabi have no share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register