LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harindra Nath   11 September 2015

Basic amenities

My property, small shop, that is let out is not under purview of AP rent control act. Since the borewel in the premises is dried up completely, I can't provide any water and instead asked tenant purchase water through tankers cost of which will be partly borne by me. My tenant claims it my responsibility to provide water to her shop although there was no such condition in the rental agreement. She now claims that I  have stopped/ withheld basic amenity, water, to her shop and hence want to take to law. The property is in Hyderabad and the rental agreement expired on 15th May, 2015 and not renewed further. Pl. someone let me know my position.

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 September 2015

its not your fault as the borewell had dried and since the agreement had lapsed better ask the lady to vacate the premises

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2015

Upon the termination  of rent agreement period, it becomes her duty to either renew the tenancy or to vacate premises. You may issue a legal notice to her to vacate since you are not willing  to extend or renew  the rental agreement, followed by you  can file an eviction suit also on the same grounds. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register