LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manish shah   24 July 2015

Bank harassment

I had deposited 3 transfer Cheques in captioned CA account which were given by our customer. Cheque no Cheque date Cheque amount Bank 213869 04.07.2015. 300000.00. 213870 04.07.2015. 300000.00. 213871 04.07.2015. 391214.00. I deposited these above all three cheques on 06.07.2015 in account held with Punjab Sind Bank Juhu Branch and the cheques were cleared and were credited in our account in normal course of business. Once the funds were sighted I wanted to use them for other payment obligations. However Punjab Sind Bank Juhu Branch lead by its Chief Manager Hardeep Kuar didn�t allow usage of fund without sighting any proper reason. Till 8th July Punjab and Sind Bank Juhu branch did not accept our complain letter asking the reason of lien marking of our account. On 8th July our compliant was admitted in which we requested not be credit back the fund to Sangar Overseas without our specific consent and remove the lien on funds in our account. Later on 8th July Chief Manager Hardeep Kuar at Juhu Branch shared letter with reason as to why my funds were lien marked and the reason is completely shocking and unsatisfactory. Your bank in response stated that issuer has compliant of mis-use of these cheques to IBD branch and on their instruction the funds have been lien marked. Sir please note, above 3 cheques drawn by M/s. Sangar Overseas in our favour , are duly honoured and credited in our account. Please note that there is no misuse of any of the cheques, as stated in your bank�s letter dated 8.7.2015. I am not at all satisfied with reply and explanation given by the Juhu Branch. These Cheques were given to us by our Customer against the goods Sold to them. We are simple businessman with track record. If bank management person wants to visit our office we can show all our transaction records between us and our customer. I had personally also visited twice to Mumbai Zonal Office in Vikrolli on 08.07.2015 and 10.07.2015 and to meet Mr RK Bansal but he did not meet us and another officer Mr Ashok had given assurance that matter will be resolved by 11.07.2015 but as on till today the matter is not cleared and lien is still marked. It has been almost now 15 days and there is no proper reply. Also our customer is trying to log a police in gurgoan police station and send an textile against and black mailing us saying if you give 1.90 Lakhs cash I will remove the lien I have sent legal notice to bank twice but there is no reply I sent legal notice to party as there is still 3.54 Lakhs receivable from our customer and in reply customer putting baseless allegation that the cheque has been stollen I have given NC in my local police station also . I also sent letters to all higher authority of bank stating the story about harassment from bank what other action do I take to safe guard my self from harming us more

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     24 July 2015

Sir,

I hope I have advised you on that issue, if its still not resolved then better is to appraoch the branch and talk to them.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register