Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Babus not taking dowry related laws seriously

Page no : 2

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     01 November 2010

@ ram jee

What is Pongapath?

i think(though not sure) most social reformers were from bengal...in bengal,dowry system is not so extreme unlike in northern india,rajasthan,bihar etc...so this cud be another reason

my apologies if any1 got hurt unknowingly..

(Guest)

@ Roshni B

I also dont know What is Pongapath?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     01 November 2010

i cannot say if present position is good,coz the menace has only increased.we keep saying that educated gals are themselves dowry but even gals of these parents aren't spared..

in many communities of india,dowry rates for the grooms are fixed.marriage expenses are fixed like rules...so even if the woman is educated,she gets no relief...(i personally know of such women who are engineers,doctors etc)..if u say they shud raise their voice...its not so easy...a gal even though educated has no say in marriage preparations,expenses,gifts to be given etc.....or else she'll be forced to remain a spinster if she objects.

the SC ruling u r talking of talks of death sentence to people who kill the bride...but many are illtreated without being killed...and wots their remedy??if they decide to fight it out,they are engaged in long legal battles amidst the corrupt judiciary.....so how's their position better?

even in cases of dowry deaths,if the evidence is lacking and boy's party know how to influence ....u know what happens and they are finally acquitted..

atleast in british time,people took sati laws seriously and dats y it got eradicated from the very roots...except recent v.rare sati incidents in few places

only if this menace was also brot to the notice of britishers.....................

(Guest)
Roshni jee, I like to give the answers in the form of questions as by this way you will come to know that the answer is with you. Just review the serial / series of vidhi-vidhan etc. (I don't know the word in english, as you all know my english is very poor though I love the English very much) in Hindu marriage. All the system is made like the female is a property and like if the male is obliging her. So I suggest to leave all such unnecessary things and go to the registrar of marriage with the chosen life partner. It is a documentary figure that here in Mumbai a huge number of men (so the same number of women) have extra marital relation those were married with "AGNI-FERE". Religious customs never saved their knot. Why to be there where the system treats the woman like below human being, below citizen, below partner, obliged person?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register