Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.Gururaja Rao   07 December 2022

Assigned house property

Hi all,

Govt of A.P assigned my father a plot in his favour long back, and issued a patta certificate under form D.   He had constructed a room, and  lived in the house for certain period, thereafter he bequeathed the said assigned property to me under a unregistered Will deed. I with an intention to take up new construction demolished one room portion and applied for construction permission to MCH submitting the aforementioned Will deed, but the software of MCH not accepted the said  Will deed as the same being un registered, the official of MCH informed me that their computer software will accept only registered instruments, and they cannot issue construction permission order under the said Will deed. 

In the above circumstances can I execute and register gift deed in respect of assigned plot, as the same was bequeathed to me under a Will , to my son to get house construction permission order from MCH, whether the said registered gift deed valid under law? If any judgment kindly refer to me. Tnq. 


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 December 2022

Even if you execute a Gift deed, then also it will be objected to as the previous document particulars also be verified, and then also it will be rejected.  And one more thing is your father got the plot/land under Form-D (assigned patta) which cannot be sold or transferred in any manner to others even to family members without obtaining permission from the District Collector. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register