cpc

ancestor property division.

We are in joint family since from my great grand father, he has 3 sons, Elder grand father -1 has 4 sons and 3 daughters ( 3 daughters are before 1974) Middle grand father-2 has 4 sons and 3 daughters ( 3 daughters are before 1974) Younger grand father-3 has 3 sons and 2 daughters. ( 2 daughters are before 1974) Division of property has done verbally among elders (its not reflected in documents ) , curret generation are looking for solution for partition of ancestral property. Please guide with amicable solution.

instructor

If the property is an agriculture land , then the property of great grandfather will equally distributed i.e 1/3 share each of the whole property among his three sons , now the property of the elder grandfather will be equally distributed among his 4 sons I.e. 1/4 share each from the whole property of elder grandfather, The property of the middle grandfather is distributed equally among his 4 sons, the property of the younger grandfather is equally distributed among his three sons .

thanks for the reply Joshi. 

how about the daughters will they get share in the agriland ?

what is the procedure to file application in the court , how long it would take settle division. 

thanks,

Ravi 

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x