Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     22 February 2011

AIDS wife takes revenge by infecting more than 300 men

HIV+ woman may have infected 300 men so far

Woman infected by her former husband has told her doctor that she is driven by a desire for revenge; doctor says she may also be suffering from Nymphomania

A THIRST for avenging her fate coupled with an abnormally high desire for s*x has led a 28-year-old HIV-positive woman to put more than 300 men at risk of contracting the virus in the last two years by having unprotected s*x with them.

Shraddha (name changed) got infected by her "promiscuous husband in 2005 through no fault of her own" and has told her doctor that infecting other people is her way of taking revenge. The list of her partners includes her employers, relatives, friends, liftmen, taxi drivers and even students.

Dr Ishwar Gilada, MD, UNISON Medicare & Research Centre, who has been treating HIV-positive and AIDS-affected patients, says he has found himself caught between the devil and the deep sea.

On the one hand, patient confidentiality is holding him back from revealing the woman's identity and on the other, he is concerned about the men she has and will infect through s*xual intercourse.

"She can be described as a Compulsive Obsessive HIV Transmitter. However, the possibility of her having nymphomania (a manic psychological disorder characterised by a hyperactive s*x desire and an obsession with s*x) cannot be ruled out. This HIV patient has slept with over 300 men in the past two years to take revenge from her husband," said Dr Gilada.

Talking about his dilemma, he said, "The law of the land states that an HIV-positive person should not be identified and also, as a doctor, I am duty-bound to keep her identity confidential. I have never faced a more difficult situation.

The woman has recounted incidents of her unprotected s*xual encounters with her employers, their sons and relatives, students and even the son of a lady doctor and, yet, I am helpless."

"Who do I protect, my patient who is confiding in me or the unsuspecting males who are falling prey to her?" he asked, his exasperation evident.

Origin

Dr Gilada said Shraddha was brought to his clinic by her relative, who is also being treated for HIV there. She is not on anti-retroviral treatment as her CD4 count is well maintained and she does not have any serious medical disorder.

"She got the infection from her husband, who she married in 2001 and separated from in 2005 after she came to know that he was promiscuous and had given her the infection.

She has a ten-year-old deaf and mute son who is in an ashram. Her sister is also in touch with us and is trying to convince her to give up her ways but she refuses," said Dr Gilada.

"Even when I tried to convince her, she told me 'If I was infected by my husband for no dishonesty or fault on my part, why should I keep this dirty infection to myself alone. Let everybody get a little prasad from me.'"
After an unwanted pregnancy in 2008, Shraddha has been on contraceptive pills.

Adding that it wouldn't be fair to blame her alone, the doctor said, "Those who had unprotected s*x with her are also to blame. None of them suspected that she had a s*xually transmitted disease or even offered to use a condom."

Meanwhile, those treating HIV-positive patients had mixed reactions to the case: Dr S Kudalkar, project director of Mumbai District Aids Control Society, said, "It is human nature and, thus, we cannot rule out the revenge tendency that an HIV-positive person may experience. But we have no documented record of any such case."

He added that sharing knowledge about an HIV-positive patient and disclosing the identity of the person with an intention to malign him or her are two different things, "But, to comment on the case in question, I have to understand the history before deriving any conclusion," he said.

Dr Amar Pajare, who heads the ART centre at KEM hospital said he had never come across any such case. "We never force our patients to disclose to the source of infection, although 95 per cent of them have acquired the infection through s*xual contact. Most patients accept the fact that they are HIV-positive and take precautions or avoid s*x."

Commenting on the unique nature of the case, Prabha Desai, director, Sanmitra Trust, which works for AIDS prevention and treatment said, "There are both men and women who, in spite of knowing that they are infected with HIV, indulge in s*x with multiple partners.

Take the case of a 22-year-old widow I had counselled. She was very attractive and intelligent but did not have enough educational qualification to get a job. She got into prostitution despite being HIV-positive and made a lot of money."

"The majority of patients who indulge in unprotected s*x even after testing positive for HIV have two major motives: One, that they have only few years to live and they should enjoy to the fullest and two, that they just cannot get rid of the habit. But, we have never seen a person doing this just as an act of revenge," she added.

Race revenge
In 2008, a white 43-year-old mother of one was sentenced to 32 months in prison for infecting black men with AIDS after contracting it from her black lover. One of the men who tested positive for the disease had said the woman was on a "payback mission". "She caught HIV off a black guy and now she's on a payback mission. All the guys she has slept with since are black," he said.

https://www.mid-day.com/news/2011/feb/180211-s*x-Nymphomania-Hiv-woman-infected-300-men-mumbai.htm

Learning

31 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     22 February 2011

1. The lady needs to be immediately contained.
Reasoning: Ask this Dr. if another patient comes to his clinic and says that his only son due to a freak act by nature was killed by a lorry driver and since that date onwards this patient is in habit of killing any lorry driver he sees in 20 miles radius, then what shall he be doing? Will he vouch back on same medical ethics and or say sorry patient confidentiality clause restricts me not to disclose this social manic and ice it with a double sorry face sayig well you see I can’t stop him running hell in society!!!.
- Mind it larger public interest runs higher over such social animals reported anti social behaviors in such incidences and several cases around the world have legally achieved 'containment' of such patients keeping in view larger public interest as primary social - concern.
- Moreover now that this news is in public domain it is very easy to spot this lady in public life and thus contain her activities which are not in larger public interest.

1 Like

(Guest)

She also needs psychological treatment,besides containing her.Punishing her will be merciless,as she is mentally ill.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 February 2011

agree with meenal here.

her behavior is very anti-social...no doubt!

BUT.......

we must understand that she is mentally unwell...already she faced the wrath of her philanderer hubby.it also seems she got no help from her family and inlaws.was left alone to suffer.

if she had been supported with love,friendliness and understanding,she wud not have suffered mentally so much.also she needed good psychiatric treatment,which,it seems was not given to her.

when indian society is so mean towards such people,it's bound to affect the mental health of victims,as in this case.and this is how they take revenge.

punishing her wud do more harm than gud.

she must be contained,of course,but also provided free of cost but v.good psychiatric or neurological treatment(whichever applies) alongwith psychotherapy.and also she must be rehabilitated while her AIDS treatment continues.

this will do justice to this poor woman!

btw,why wasn't her hubby booked for cheating her and for making her ill?he's the biggest culprit here.

oh ya!   i just forgot it...in indian judicairy,laws favouring women is merely on paper....owise fighting for justice is only for those who are willing to remain patient and mentally balanced in this long long fight!and of course who can afford expensive litigation

after all legal aid centres for women have such a "SUPERIOR QUALITY " of services!

Jamai Of Law (propra)     23 February 2011

What about those 300 males? aren't they on the loose?

They may not be knowing what they are made to take in! It hasn't punished only to those who avail such prohibited services........... but in fact many innocents also got punished............. and it multipled the carrier agents!!!

So........chain reaction is already commensed !!!

NO NEWS CHANNEL has any commercial slot to cover this until any upper class takes it in!............by any mode from s*X to blood transfusion!

This is what is the called the 'disgruntled society'!

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     23 February 2011

Who asked these married men to sleep with someone other than their wife?(Here,I'm only referring to the married men who had s*x with her)

I agree that they were fooled,but "jaisi karni vaisi bharni".

They cheated their partner,and got cheated in return.

That's why it's never a good idea to commit adultery.Because you never know what kind of person you land up with!

And once you catch a STD,you are afraid to reveal it to your family also,for it will wonder how you got it!

Now what shud be done for these infected men??

just go to a reputed doctor for treatment,and become faithful to your wife henceforth.

For unmarried men...get treated and.....................wait till u marry...

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     23 February 2011

how q of married man arised?

are they not humans ? do all such men need to be killed.

men and women are different biologically with different needs.

if  all immoral men are killed then almost all earth will be free of men.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 February 2011

you are taking my statements wrongly avnish ji.

i simply said that though the woman is the offender and must be contained,she also needs treatment,as she is mentally unstable.it doesnt mean i am justifying her acts.

as a precautionary measure i advised that adultery is not gud for any man or woman,as there's always a risk of STDs,besides unhappness in marriage.

u can ask any doctor how to prevent AIDS.the first thing he will say is that one shud avoid multiple partners.

i felt sorry for the infected men and therefore said that they need to get treated...

so,did i say anywhere that they must die?

i said all these things strongly.so perhaps u felt that i am justifying the death of all these men who had s*x with her,which is not at all true.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     24 February 2011

ok madam :).

please dont take my comments personally, thats why i have avoided  adressing .

i also oppose adultery, but that is the way how society is.

AIDS is an incurable disease and can be treated till patient dies, and i agree it can only be prevented by taking standard safety precautions.

every human being , even KASAB has human rights in any civilised society and adultery is not such a crime so as to warrant anyone to die.

for some people  it may be a way of life, however immoral it may be.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 February 2011

Ok fine    :)

Manjit Singh (NA)     24 February 2011

the lady should be tried and punished.  there was such a case in US as well and this was considered reckless endangerment with malice aforethought.

1 Like

zimmerzapper (student)     25 February 2011

these kind of women should be commended! it was the fault of the men to sleep with her in the first place.

manjit kalra (system eng)     25 February 2011

manit is right, spreading a disease knowingly is a big offense.

1 Like

(Guest)

Manjit is right OR you are right?

Whom are you referring to???????

The doctors have already said this lady is a mental patient.

So a mental person should be spared from punishment..

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     25 February 2011

madam there is commemt by manjit singh above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register