Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Totally Depressed (Cashier)     12 February 2021

agriculture land sale deed

Hello,
my father have ancestral 11.66 acre agriculture land. father have 6 children's. 4.44 acre give me by sale deed by my father which only one name that's my father. father have health reasons so they sale the land to me and I am arrange the money for them. other agriculture land have joint family members name.
can saledeed cancel by others members by sending legal notice.

Learning

2 Replies

Nandini Warrier   13 February 2021

Good evening,

Ancestral property refers to the property passed down to your father from your grandfather, without any partition for over four generations. If there is no partition, then the property passed down from your grandfather to your father will be considered ancestral, and such property CAN'T be sold to anyone, except for certain circumstances.

(Please read more about the circumstances in the link below-https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/hindu-succession-215326.asp)

Since it is ancestral property, every child has a right to claim the property. After the Hindu Succession Amendment Act 2005, even female children have a right to ancestral property. Therefore, a father can not transfer ancestral property to just one son/child, and it can't be sold or gifted to one legal heir alone, and such a sale deed or gift deed can be challenged. If any father does so, then the other children or legal heirs can approach the courts, either to claim their rights on the ancestral property, or to seek a partition of the property. 

If the head of the family, or Karta is selling ancestral property to an outsider, then it can only be done with the consent of the legal heirs of Karta, unless in cases like emergencies (a marriage, medical related financial issues). Please read more about it through the link provided above. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Nandini

Totally Depressed (Cashier)     13 February 2021

thank you ma'am,
my grandfather did partition deed (आपसी वाटणी पत्र) in1975 between three son's including my father respectively 4.44 acre, 4 acre & 4 acre.
and other 25 acre agriculture land remain on my grandfather name.
there is no documents show that my grandfather purchase or this is ancestral property ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register