Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran (.)     31 October 2009

Advocate practising in different state

Hello

My wife has filed an contested divorce case against me in her state in west bengal. But we both reside at bangalore. But she refused to file the case in bangalore.

Now for the purpose of case  i am hiring an advocate from bangalore to represent me in west bengal court. My question is  my advocate will be allowed to represent me in kolkata ( as becsause he is from karnataka state)...??

please let me know. If he can not represent me there what is the other alternate fo rthis problem....???

Learning

3 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     31 October 2009

HE REPRESENT UR CASE AS PER ADVOCATE ACT 1961,BUT ATTENDING EVERY ADJOURNMENT IS VERY DIFFICULT ,TRY TO TRANSFER THE CASE TO BGL,BY FILLING TRASFER PETITION

Anjali (IT)     01 November 2009

better engage a lawyer in west bengal, who will be more familiar with local court procedures, state laws etc. This will be the best for you rather than make the bangalore lawyer to travel west bengal. please note that you have to pay for this bangalore lawyer's conveyance , lodging etc. You might b end up paying at least 5 digit amount  for every appearance. 

Alternatively, as suggested by Reddy, find out the proof that your wife lives/works in bangalore and file transfer petition to bangalore in Supreme court. Please note that interstate transfer can be filed only in supreme court.  All the best

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     01 November 2009

Anjli is right. The best option is Transfer you case to your place.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register