LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santosh   31 May 2015

Addition of degree certificate into service book

Good Evening sir myself santosh kumar working in government department from last 5 years at the time of joining i'm just a Diploma holder in computer application but after joining i had decided to complete my degree to just become a graduate in thi regard i had write a letter to my authority regarding permission for higher studies through distance mode and my superior has verbally advised me to join the degree and told me that you need not to take any NOC because you are going to do your graduate through distance mode, and as per that i had completed my BSc degree through correspondence mode. But after completing the BSc when i write to my authority for addition of this degree to my Service book they are getting confused and from last two months they had not moved my file just put my application into my personal file.

sir is there any rule for getting NOC for higher studies through distance/correspondence mode if yes then please inform and if not then please provide me the copy of that rule.

Thank you,



 7 Replies

chandrakant (Advocate)     01 June 2015


There is no need to take NOC from your office for the distance education.

santosh   01 June 2015

Thank you but please provide me any copy of rules which shows that there is no need to take NOC for higher studies through distance mode.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2015

I do not agree.

There was need for NOC which you did nto take.

Deptt has got powers to condone your lapse and add qualification.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2015

The NOC should have been taken at that time itself, however you may apply for con donation of the requirement seeking permission for continuing higher studies and can proceed after confirmation by the department. 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     09 June 2015

i had write a letter to my authority regarding permission for higher studies through distance mode

as already first gave a letter before admission into distance mode you have wrote a letter and i think it will be  in your service book here you can write another letter quoting that you have already given your request for higher studies and the superior officer had given a go ahead for your studies and mention his name in your letter because here only this superior officer has to give you the permission and he may had given at that time verbally but no proof

and in which department you are working

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2015

Such like MOC is given on the condition that official work shall not suffer due to this admission.  So you have compelted the same without any allegation of any sort regarding suffering of office owrk (atleast as so far told by you).


You can pead for condonation of lapse but you have no such right.

venkatesh R   08 July 2021

For entry of additional qualification in service book, convocation certification is  compulsory or only marks  cards is enough for government emplyees.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query