LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Upender   25 March 2020

Property registration

One of my friend given a Account Payee Cheque in favour of Seller of the property and Registration done.Later that cheque was Dishonoured due to Name mismatch of Seller name on the Cheque. In this Case my Query is That Registration is cancelled or invalid and what is the Remedy to Buyer

Learning

3 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 March 2020

What;s the Big deal? even Jayalalitha was arrested and taken to jail straight from CM office.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 March 2020

Sorry, this respond is by mistake.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     25 March 2020

Originally posted by : Upender
One of my friend given a Account Payee Cheque in favour of Seller of the property and Registration done.Later that cheque was Dishonoured due to Name mismatch of Seller name on the Cheque. In this Case my Query is That Registration is cancelled or invalid and what is the Remedy to Buyer

1. The Property Registration CANNOT be cancelled due to an "inadvertent name wording mistake".  Neither there is any legal action warranted for this, more so since the Seller did not verify the mistake before he himself deposited the cheque, further more so since buyer party did not deposit the cheque in seller parties bank account.

2. The Buyer party must immediately issue another cheque or RTGS /NEFT /IMPS the amount directly to the Seller parties bank account.  IF this fails deliberately /maliciously, THEN legal proceedings can be initiated to cancel the property registration.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register