passport for minor

hi all, my query is regarding obtaining a new passport for my 2 year old baby. At present, wife and I possess passports, no spouse name entered in either's passport. Also, address mentioned in our passports are different. To apply for kids passport, the passport website says passport of any one parent  should have spouse name entered in it. So, I am planning to get that done in my wife's passport first before applying passport for kid.

Please suggest, should I proceed with address change in her passport to match with my address or just go ahead with inclusion of spouse name only.

Suppose she retains her old address, and if I apply for the passport of kid, what will be the address in kids' passport?

Thanks in advance.


Hi Shan,


First proceed with getting marriage cetifficate.


If you hold marriage certificate then you are eligible to add your spouse name in passport and then you could add your kid name into passport.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x