LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     19 October 2010

Notary Procedure

What is a Notary Officer has Not Put the Serial Number of the Register on the Documents, which he has Notarize as Before Me

Learning

4 Replies

Satish .J.Agarwal (Advocate &Legal Advisor)     20 October 2010

you should have insisted him to mention the serial number of his register,he would have done that.

1 Like

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     20 October 2010

Dear Sir,

I went to the Notary Officer, and said that he has not mentioned the Serial Number on the Notary Documents, the Officer said that as the person who has signed, has not came to me, & it was identified by his Lawyers, So I have done the Notary as BEFORE ME.

And the document which are Notarize, are also now register with Sub Registrar, Mumbai. So the Notary Officer told me that document is legaly valid document. No need to Worry, I can not Put the Serial Number.

I am having query that now what if the Serial Number is not mentioned, then what action can we take.

Regards

Deepak

1 Like

prakash korekar (advocate & notary)     21 October 2010

mr. deepak

as per the notaries act, 1952 in india every document which is notarized must bear a serial no. b'cause it is to be registered in notaries register.

if your document does not bear a serial no. it is not a valid document if it is challanged.

you may complaint about this to the appointing authority because it amounts to mal practice but beware the signing deponent was not present before the notary as mentioned above so he is also at fault.

the law says: come with clean hands

2 Like

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     22 October 2010

Dear Sir,

So what should I can do, Should I have to do the power of attorney again, as I have asked the person, who has done the notary, & he said, that he has done same way for his Mother also, for selling her flat as she is not well, & he is only son.

And now the Documenst are also register with the Registrar Office, Mumbai.

Regards

Deepak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register