Illegal construction

Res Sir/Mam my query is 1) i have filed application before Chief officer Municipal Council to stop unauthorized construction and remove the same, on the receipt of my complaint chief officer issued notice to owner of the land to stop and removal construction but owner refused and did not compliance the notice, when i personally met with Chief officer and same brought to the notice, they flatly refused to take action against them,(illegal construction), approach to police they also says this is civil matter we cant do any action, what should i do for register complaint against the illegal construction and officer who has failed their duty. please tell me as soon as possibel.

U can get the information through RTI.


Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

you can file a petition in a civil court for  injunction order to stop the work.

Retired employee.

You are having information.  You have tried through proper authorities.  Authorities are negligent.  Get suitable order from court both against the authority and to the owner as expeditiously as possible, if owner has not applied for such regularisation scheme so far.


You can also file application to Public Information officer under RTI Act as per format and fees prescribed for RTI in their website and get the information that supports your further action.

Brief Facts: Unauthorised construction  My complaint dt......................

Information solicited:

1)Please inform action taken on my complaint with day to day developments as office notes.

2)Please inform specific reasons for keeping silence on such unauthorised constructions which amounts to encouragement.

3.Plese inform further steps that can be taken as per law by the authorities.

4.Please inform the name of the superior officer, designation, mobile no, and address with whom a complaint can be made for inaction of lower levels.

5.Please inform the name of the Inspector/officer that failed to notice such initial stages of stopping the construction, with full knowledge that such activity is unauthorised, and the action authorities are going to take against him for his negligene.

6.Please provide list of identified illegal constructions as per your records and action taken by authorities so far.


What was the reason that you complained to the Municipality, was it because the construction caused or likely to cause loss or inconvenience to you or encroached upon your own rights? Or did you just complain as a law conscious citizen? Municipal laws are intended to get property tax or to serve public interest. Generally they are lethargic and corrupt. Find out the actual situation through RTI. If they do not give correct and complete information or you suspect the information, go on appeal and second appeal if necessary. But if the information is correct first complain to the higher authorities in the Municipality itself. If still no action is taken go to court. Anyway it is an uphill task for you.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu