i want to change my date of birth in my passport.

It's My humble request, Please help me out here i'm preparing for civil services examination, but i have wrong date of birth in my passport.
As i have meet with APO of regional office they told me that my parents/me had submitted the birth certificate from nagar parishad now nagar nigam (MCU).
I got the registration number of the birth certificate. He told how can he change the date of birth when at the time for applying passport the birth certificate has the date of birth in your 10th marksheet the date of birth is different. 

I know they are correct but i don't have hospital records for changing the date of birth in birth certificate. then in the passport. if i accept in front the court that the wrong documents submitted by me. at the time minor will they accept it.

All documents (19-03-1991)

Passport & birth certificate (19-09-1990)

Retired employee.

Such mistakes in qualification certificates must be corrected within a time limit even when you had such hospital records.  What ever was registered in 10th certificate continues to hold good and there may not be any problems.   In case you wish to change in passport, as per 10th certificate you may write to them that there was a mistake and what ever is appearing in 10th must be continued to have uniform DOB, as there is no chance for rectification in qualification certificates.  If there is no problem for the present ignore the DOB for present.



DOB is as per birth certificate.

Hope you have the copies of documents submitted in school.

If entry by you was correct and error is by school then request for help and correction.

The respective board has issued detailed guidelines that are avaibale in school also about procedure in many situations including as in your query.


You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Civil matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.


If stakes are high in matter posted by you, and you are not properly informed then you should not hesitate to engage a very able counsel/Law firm specializing in such matters. The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.


If you , your well wishers are propelry informed and confident then you or your PoA may appear and get the corections done.

Deputy Manager

Legally only two years is the limitation after passing the High School or SSLC to change the DOB if you didn't attach the birth certificate in the High School form.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

LAWkdown Challenge    |    x