I had met with a major accident in Sep'15 in Bhuj, Gujarat. We were travelling in a hired taxi and got hit by a truck coming from opposite. He was at the wrong side of the road. In the same accident, I lost my friend and the driver also sustained fatal injuries and I had major injuries in the cervical spine for which I am currently undergoing treatment. Doctor said that it will result in about 30% disability. I currently live and reside in Pune. This disability will hamper me to continue working at my present job and I will have to pick up some desk job.
My questions -
1. Saying that my friend used to earn about 10 Lacs/ annum, How much compensation can his family expect.
2. I being disabled permanantly and had been in the hospital for about 3 months, how much compensation can I claim. As a desk job will reduce my allowances by about 25000 per month.
3. I work in the government, so I did not incur any expenses for my treatment.
4. Where should I file a case? Gujarat or Pune?
5. Where can I find a lawyer who does it?