Gift deed

Hi ..I m from Telangana.india ..My grandma (yamuna) has got property from her father (he passed away)..and my grandma is blessed with 3 kids (akkam-woman,mallaya-man, Vijaya-woman,.and the property is on my grandma name in local the issue is my grandma is in her old age and my father is bed ridden (mallaya) and my grandma wants to transfer property on my name (I happen to be grandson)..but her daughter's abusing my grandma after they got to know this..we have made several requests (including my caste ppl) to my grandma's daughter's to agree on this..But they(akkam and Vijaya) are asking for huge amount of money to sign on registration papers which my grandma and myself can't afford to pay... Can I get the registration done only with my grandma and my father signature?? Will be there any legal problems for me in future as my grandma wants to gift deed on my name..Pls suggestions mean a lot to me ..

Dear querist,


Your grandmother has all right to dispose property as per her wish, she can either gift or WILL in favor of any one.

No consent or signature is required from any one.





Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600


Thanks for your reply sir...
Retired employee.

But the important issue involved is "How she has acquired the property in her name: ?  If it is acquired through purchase on her income or through her parents' side no one can object her decision, but if your GM has acquired only mutation status of your GF property, she is in possession and enjoyment as co sharer for her and all other legal heir and not on her entire rights legally.

Contact local advocate with facts and documents.   Mere mutation may not provide her good title.


The property of your grandmother can be gifted to you without any objection of her other siblings.

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for guidance, execution and registration of "Gift Deed" in your name, it has no problem.


Though Ur grand ma has right to dispose her property as per her wishes even after that u have to fight legally in court which takes time ,effect relation ship so u try to solve the situation .as the days passes Ur g.m may pass away.then u her lrs all will get equal share at this time gift or will may be challenged.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu