Bail please help


I got a call from police that my husband has filed for anticipatory bail in court under 498a and i have to appear in the court tomorrow.. in reality i don't want my husband's and inlaws arrest.. so can i tell the judge that i don't have enough funds to oppose his bail and can i tell the judge that he can grant the bail to my husband and inlaws? Will this go against me ?

Ok adv gonjare- what is the procedure of granting AB ? Do my inlaws have to bring a relative also to the court ? who can give surety? What are the t&c of ab ?

Dear Shivani,

AB application is moved by your husband's lawyer. Judge will hear the petition. Mostly PP will oppose bail and at the same time if necessary judge will take opinion from you which he should not. Your in-laws can bring relatives if they want. Surety can be given by any person i.e. relative, family friend, friend etc...T&C is decided by judge and no fix formula.


AB criteria is different in all states.

Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate

1) To oppose bail, u need no funds,


2) Why should u tell the court to grant the bail to ur husband or in-laws or both?  This is against ur interest in future also.


3) U hv to strongly oppose the bail.  It will be opposed by PP.  If u get an opportunity, explain to PP or the court ur sufferings and prevent getting AB so that they will look to u.


4) If u hv to file DV and 498 A cases, then ur telling no objection to granting AB will have no sense rather ur husband will use the same stick against u and hit back.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu