accommodation denied citing rights to admission reserved

I had made a hotel reservation via Make My Trip for a hotel in Rajkot (I live in Mumbai) last month. I had paid the fees in advance as I always do.


When I reached the hotel with my girlfriend, the hotel denied us accommodation citing legal regulations. They said that it is illegal for unmarried couples to stay in one room and this was as per a court order.


Since the hotel staff was not ready to budge, I had to book a room in a similar property in the next lane who allowed me to check-in with my girlfriend in the same room.


Now the hotel and make my trip both are refusing me to give a refund for the fees I paid which is wrong. They say that in the hotel booking voucher, it is clearly mentioned that guests posing as couple will not be allowed accommodation  and make my trip is not responsible for the same.


My compliant is that since they did not allow me to check-in, shouldn't they refund me the money for the service they never provided me??


I was not the one to cancel the booking so why should I forfeit the money I paid them.


Can someone please help me understand what can be done here?


What you are saying that is true but as per their T & C there is also a clause and as per the clause you booked the room. If your room canceled that means you can get back your money. After the cancelation of the booking if they have not return your money they you can file consumer case in your local.


Adv. J.P.Behera



They say that as per the policy, there wont be any refund.

While I understand that if I cancel the booking, I have to bear the cancellation charge (which in case of this hotel would be the full amount).

However, since they denied me accommodation, shouldn't they be responsible for giving me my money back?

Dy Director

did you at the time of booking tell them why do you want the room.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu