about quashing/compromise/criminal case

Hi sir/mam, There's a criminal case filed and going on my Brother for forging my signature(as i gave complaint to Police). Now FSL report has come(it is in favor of me) and I've given my witness statement also. Now,is there any chance for dropping/cancelling the case? Can both parties go to High court for quashing the case that we're compromised?
If so, what statement should i've to give in High court? and Can my brother give statement that  he has forged my signature and committed the crime in High court while Quashing?(This is for my safety).


FSL report is not binding on the court as it is only an opinion, and court will make onclusion after considering the same with other material evidenve that comes on record. As regard the compromise, no point to go to the High Court, since the case is between you and your brother it can be compounded even though the schedues may not show to be non compoundable, without your brother admiting his guilt.



Agreed with the view of Mr. N.K. Assumi but if the Court does not allow compounding, you can approach High Court.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu