LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashu (prop.)     21 December 2010

2nd marriage as first marriage not taken by wife

I married in nov'2007. wife didn't go well from 1st day. she got her passport/licence ready without showing her married all places she is showing herself unmarried. she is planning to go abroad & settle there. she may be having affair with a guy. She is living separate from March'2009.

My passport show her name in wifes place.

Recently she signed separation deed; where i got mentioned any party can take decision pretaining to its matrimony(marriage). She doesn't wan't to come to court for sm petty excuses.

I want to get married with some offers in my hand. is it possible on the basis of separation deed or what best is the legal option to me. Me need to get married by march'2011.

Kindly, advice.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 December 2010

Unless civil court decree you cannot marry another girl and only on the basis of the seperation deed going for a 2nd marriage is not advisable because if your ist wife by the advise of the illwishers filed a case against you then what will you do.  so convince your first wife and file consent divorce in the court and get the decree.

(Guest)

Mr.adv. raieev`s view is correct .if the wife is not willing to co - operate you may file divorce petition under section 13 Hindu Marriage Act 1955  on the ground mentioned in the section and wait till court passes the decree of divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register